- This event has passed.
Outdoor Worship with Holy Communion
July 1 @ 9:30 am - 10:30 am
An event every week that begins at 9:30 am on Thursday, repeating until August 26, 2021
Worship The Lord in the Beauty of Holiness
In-Person Worship Outside
We will resume in-person worship with Holy Communion. Because outdoors is safer than indoors and because we can have more people attend, we are going to try outdoor services first as we begin to have in-person worship. We will make this a weekly service until we are able to have indoor services.
Likewise, until we are allowed to have larger numbers attend inside, we will continue to have Zoom Services on Sunday mornings.
To help us organize, we ask that everyone who is planning on attending, phone or email the office by Wednesday noon hour at 416 251 8711 or christch[email protected]
We pray that these services will be joy filled as we gather in person for worship, but we are still in the pandemic and so we also will strive to be as safe as possible as well.
What to expect when you arrive:
Please read through the following list of instructions which we have put in place following the Diocesan Protocols for Covid-19 Outdoor Services at this time:
- Call or email the Church Office to confirm attendance.
- Please do not attend worship if you have any Covid-19 symptoms and we will register people for contact tracing purposes.
- Hand sanitizers will be available for use as you arrive, receive Holy Communion, and leave. We recommend that you bring water, and remember sun screen. You may bring your own comfortable lawn chair. There will be access to the church washrooms.
- When everyone is seated for worship, people may remove their masks, but we ask that as you arrive and leave, you wear masks.
- We will be seated 6 feet from each other. People from the same household may sit close to each other.
- Depending on numbers, we may have to use part of the parking lot. Please, if possible park on the street, or the Library parking lot (until the Library reopens).
- We plan on having music as part of our worship, but as of yet, we can’t have congregational singing.
- To receive Holy Communion (bread only) you will be asked to wear a mask. Receive the bread from me, and then step aside to remove your mask and then eat the bread.
- We have permission for worship, but we do not have permission to have other kinds of social gatherings, so we can’t really hang around as a group following worship (besides, everyone wants to get back to their computer to join in the Thursday Morning Bible Study on Zoom at 11:00, right?).
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at 416 251 8711 or [email protected] and thank you very much for your patience as we maneuver this transitional time back to in person worship.